4.25.2006

Recent Releases..!


All of these releases (with the exception of the GOD cd) are sold out at our end of things, but a good share of them are available at these fine Distributers and Stores...

Aquarius Records
Volcanic Tongue
RRR
Fusetron
and more...
as always email pswans@gmail.com for availability and other ordering info.


THE DEAD WHITE CD-R (jyrk)
"We met Andy when we were on tour with our buddy Spencer.. Andy lives in San Diego and grew up seeing The Skaters and shows at Voltaire..... Totally awesome teen.. I dunno how old he was when I met him.. But I know he's still in high school RIGHT NOW and I met him a few years back... He was doing this project called, "Death Stab" back then... Now he's "The Dead White." I got to see him play for the first time on the Jyrk Jamboree tour in December and his set was totally stunning... I asked him about releasing something and he suggested that I take the tracks from his two CDRs and put togehter one CDR.. so I dug in and I decided to pick all of these tracks of his that were more rock heavy... Lots of guitars on this one.. His whole disc reminds me of Main and the Velvet Underground, The Skaters and fully harsh noise... tons of repetitive riffs, falsetto vocals and total harsh skree..... I wish I was doing this shit in high school... (100 copies)"

IN/FLUX - CRYPTIC CLOAK CD-R (jyrk)
"The first time I met these dudes, we were playing a show in Vancouver, B.C. and this girl that had been doing yoga on the floor rolled up to me and handed me a CDR with an old pinup playing card sewn to the cover... she said 'she's for you... from back when boobs were real....' and then she just rolled off... Shit was totally mysterious.... and the next day, Gabe pulls out his copy of the CDR with this naked dude on it and we put it on... Both of us were totally stunned.. Basically.. it was this CDR by In/Flux called "Hoc-Age." It's total outsider noise if there ever was such a thing.. totally lo-fi and disjointed yelps, guitar skree, lots of unidentifiable things happening... Similar murk to those like The Skaters and Dead C, but the actual identifiable sounds are way different.. maybe something like if the dead C self-titled double disc from a few years back was way more lo-fi and they were super young genderfuckers from canada with a hell of a lot of inspiration and piles of totally shitty gear. "Cryptic Cloak" is a reissue of "Hoc-Age" with additional tracks from the "Metalguests" CDR... (100 copies)"

SPIDERWEBS CD-R (jyrk)
"Tom Carter is one of my favorite dudes in the bay.. totally baffling head on this dude.. intensive skills on his singular guitar vision... Unbelievably kind and humble jammer too.. Awhile back, Gabe and I were talking about putting out stuff for our buddies that aren't the most obscure bands on the west and Tom was the first on the list.. right up there with Damion Romero, Open City, Loren Chasse... Total Killers... Tom's a killer..... Umm.. Here he's paired up with Sally from Weird Weeds.. She's playing guitar too.. and the disc is a totally dense psychic zone out.. probably the heaviest thing from either of these two for ages.. super full and dense guitar bombs. CDRs getting dropped just in time for Tom to hit Terrastock... (200 copies)"

STARVING WEIRDOS - SELF-HYPNOSIS CD-R (jyrk)
"What the fuck are these dudes doing in Vice? I fucking hate that mag! AGH.. Anyway.. these dudes are from NOWHERE.. we played at their pad awhile back and it's amazing.. Huge victorian house in Samoa, ca with crazy woodwork and right on the beach... Total paradise on the road... Anyway.. These dudes dropped a self-released CDR thru Aquarius awhile back and floored just about everyone I know.... then the Root Strata double... but THIS ONE.. I got the stack of CDRs from these dudes that Andee and Jefre snagged and I went thru the whole thing... I got hung up on a few tracks but I wanted to work with bryan Weirdos a bit on em.. so we bounced around some ideas and this is what came of that.. a total monster of a record.. I think it's the best thing I've heard from them... Total murk and gloom from these psychic trekkers. (200 copies of this one)"

+

GOD - ANTI-SEX ANTI-WIRETAPPING CD (jyrk)
"Strange and mutated electroacoustic work from the Portland based Eubanks, here away from his alto and soprano sax work improvising with frequent collaborator percussionist Sundstrom from Super Unity Group. Both are busy musicians, playing under their own names across the country in improvising and electronic festivals. Eubanks in particular is noted for self-designed electronics, feedback machines and tape manipulation. Despite the name the sounds move languildly across unusual terrain, not beating the listener with shrill or defiant tones but rather scratching at the ears while developing curious environments."